Kabul: Unknown gunmen shot dead the former head of Ulema Council of Kunduz province, Faiz Mohammad Fayez, in Afghanistan capital Kabul city on Wednesday, media reports said.
Fayez was murdered on Wednesday morning while he walked his way to attend early morning prayers in a mosque, reports Khaama Press.
Ferdaws Faramaraz, a spokesman to Kabul police HQ confirmed the murder to Khaama Press but did not relate the case to a terrorist act.
According to Farmaraz this was a criminal case and has no connection to “terrorist’s” targeted killings.
An investigation into the incident has been initiated.
- Four killed, thousands injured as Islamist violence rocks Pakistan
- Christchurch Mosque shooter challenges imprisonment conditions, terrorist status - Reports
- Strict restrictions imposed across Bangladesh to fight Covid-19
- Nepal mulls closing schools amid virus surge
- Twenty-one miners trapped underground in China's Xinjiang after mine floods: Reports