Paris/Sputnik: The French Foreign Ministry has condemned harsh statements against President Emmanuel Macron made by Pakistan’s Minister for Human Rights Shireen Mazari.
Mazari wrote on Twitter that "Macron is doing to Muslims what the Nazis did to the Jews - Muslim children will get ID numbers (other children won't) just as Jews were forced to wear the yellow star on their clothing for identification."
Commenting on the tweet, a spokesperson of the French Foreign Ministry said on Saturday that Pakistan should engage in dialogue based on respect.
"A member of the Pakistani government spoke today on social networks in deeply shocking and insulting terms towards the President of the Republic and our country," the spokesperson said, as quoted by Le Parisien newspaper, adding that "Pakistan must rectify these remarks."
France vowed to ramp up the fight against radical Islamism and terrorism after the recent religiously-motivated attacks that included beheadings in Nice and Paris.
- France sends ex Pakistani Imam and terrorist sympathiser to jail for 18 months, bans him from country for life
- UK Prime Minister Boris Jonson says three-tiered system best way to avoid spike in COVID-19 cases
- Afghanistan: Gunmen kill local police commander in Balkh
- 26/11 attack: Pakistan yet to deliver verdict, 12 years after Mumbai mayhem
- Uighur: China dismisses Pope Francis's 'persecuted' remark