Three Taliban militants were killed in police retaliation. Photo: Wallpaper
Kabul: At least six policemen were killed and five others injured in a Taliban attack in Afghanistan's Nangarhar province, according to officials.
The incident took place in Pachiragam district on Tuesday, a provincial government statement said.
According to the statement, three Taliban militants were killed and two others were wounded during the exchange.
The militants attacked police checkposts but were eventually driven out.
- UN and partners promote sport as a tool to prevent violent extremism
- Sustainable Development goals are ‘the future’ Malala tells major UN event, urging countries to get on track
- US agency releases advisory on activities of China's Ministry of State Security
- Zhenhua data leak: Collection of info on New Zealanders by Chinese firm may hit nation's security, warns Kiwi Minister
- Bolster fragile world to emerge stronger, UN chief urges, marking Peace Day