Kabul: At least 16 people, including 15 children, were killed as flash floods inundated Kooz Kunar district in the eastern province of Nangarhar on Friday night, reports said.
The region was flooded after heavy rains lashed Qalatak area, according to Attaullah Khogyani, spokesman for Nangarhar's governor.
The spokesman said four others were injured in the incident.
Khogyani identified one among the victims as a woman and said several houses were damaged.
Teams have been deployed to help the victims.
- Kerala plane crash: Aircraft carrying Indians stranded in Middle East amid Covid-19 splits into two in southern India, kills 18
- Security Council condemns ‘heinous and cowardly’ terrorist attack in Jalalabad
- Pakistan: Peshawar police squad poses for selfie with murderer of blasphemy accused
- Pakistan reactions on Article 370 are aimed to divert international attention: India
- Hostage-taker in France's Le Havre Detained by Police: Reports