Kabul: A suicide attacked left three policemen dead and injured 18 others in Afghanistan's Kandahar on Wednesday.
The attack targetted the police headquarters at 4:00 am in Shah Wali Kot district, reported local Tolo News.
According to reports, a suicide car bomber detonated the explosives near the building, causing the blast.
Bahir Ahmad, a spokesman for the provincial governor said even though the bomber was shot dead, he managed to detonate the explosives.
The casualties also included civilians.
No group, including the Taliban, has claimed responsibility for the attack.
- Philippines bombing: Key suspect arrested
- Israel-Palestine conflict: Gaza fighting continues amid 'apocalyptic' conditions; Security Council to meet Friday
- Missing ex-Chinese Foreign Minister Qin Gang dead: Report
- US: Shooting at University of Nevada campus in Las Vegas leaves three people dead
- Libyan officials dismantle illegal gold mining network which comprised of Chinese, Chadian and Nigerian nationals