Tehran/Xinhua: Iran's flag carrier IranAir announced on Sunday that it has suspended all its flights to and from Europe until further notice, official IRNA news agency reported.
The reason for the suspension is "restrictions" imposed by Europe "for unknown reasons," IranAir said.
Iran has been the hardest-hit country in the Middle East region by the coronavirus epidemic, with the death toll rising to 145 on Saturday. So far, Iran's total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases was 5,823.
Since Feb. 19, when the first case of the coronavirus was detected in Iran, major international flights to and from the country have halted.
- Egypt: 41 dies as fire breaks out in church, several hurt
- Writer Salman Rushdie taken off ventilator, able to talk again
- One person dies as explosion rocks Armenia market
- Salman Rushdie attacker Hadi Matar is believed to be an Iran and late Ayatollah Khomeini follower
- Chinese companies facing ire in Kenya over discriminatory behaviour