Gaza/Sputnik/UNI: The death toll from Israeli air strikes in the Gaza Strip has grown to 10, the spokeswoman for the enclave's Health Ministry, Wafaa Yagi, told Sputnik on Tuesday.
"As a result of Israeli aggression, 10 Palestinians were killed since the morning, 45 were injured," Yagi said.
The confrontation between Israel and Hamas escalated early on Tuesday after Israeli airstrikes killed the top commander of the Palestinian militant group Islamic Jihad in the Gaza Strip, triggering a fierce response.
The 42-year-old leader was said to have been responsible for hundreds of terror attacks and was suspected of preparing a new attack against Israel.
Palestinian militants, in turn, had fired nearly 200 rockets into southern Israel over the day.
- White Island's volcano eruption death toll hits 15, two still missing
- UK's Conservative party set to win polls comfortably, predicts exit polls
- Corbyn says disappointed with election results, will leave post of Labour party's head
- New Zealand volcanic eruption: Police deploy divers to find missing bodies
- Six people dead including two suspects in New Jersey Shooting - Reports