Gaza/Sputnik/UNI: The death toll from Israeli air strikes in the Gaza Strip has grown to 10, the spokeswoman for the enclave's Health Ministry, Wafaa Yagi, told Sputnik on Tuesday.
"As a result of Israeli aggression, 10 Palestinians were killed since the morning, 45 were injured," Yagi said.
The confrontation between Israel and Hamas escalated early on Tuesday after Israeli airstrikes killed the top commander of the Palestinian militant group Islamic Jihad in the Gaza Strip, triggering a fierce response.
The 42-year-old leader was said to have been responsible for hundreds of terror attacks and was suspected of preparing a new attack against Israel.
Palestinian militants, in turn, had fired nearly 200 rockets into southern Israel over the day.
- Ram Temple construction in Ayodhya might boost tourism in Sita's birthplace Janakpur in Nepal
- Afghanistan: Six policemen killed in Taliban attack in Nangarhar province
- She is more than prepared for the job: Former US President Barack Obama tweets in support of Kamala Harris
- Rocket hits Green Zone in Iraq's capital
- Twitter users slam former Malaysian PM Mahathir Mohamad over Kashmir remark