Kabul: At least 162 militants were gunned down during a country wide anti-terrorism operations in Afghanistan on Friday, the nations defence ministry confirmed.
Additionally, 66 militants were injured and one arrested.
The raids were conducted by a team of Afghan military and air force.
It consisted of 11 joint operations and 19 airstrikes and were conducted in Nangarhar, Kunar, Ghazni, Paktia, Urozgan, Zabul, Kandahar, Farah, Badghis, Faryab, Kunduz, Balkh, Badakhshan and Helmand provinces.
The ministry said that apart from the casualties, hideouts and weapons belonging to the militants were either destroyed or seized.
- Global Acceleration Framework to speed up water and sanitation access for all
- Professor charged for illegally using US grants to aid Chinese research - Justice Dept
- Illegal trade in fake or faulty COVID-19 products booming, new UN research reveals
- US military to stand strongly with India in clash with China: White House official
- Car bomb detonated near security check post in Afghanistan's Maidan Wardak