Berlin: At least 25 people were injured as an explosion destroyed a building in Germany's Wuppertal city, media reports said on Sunday.
The injured included several critically, reports said.
"The explosion tore through the building shortly before midnight, police said, leaving parts of the structure burning," BBC reported.
Firefighters are still trying to douse the flame, reports said.
The cause of the fire is still being investigated.
The blast left a large hole where the building used to be, with flats either side in danger of collapse and vehicles crushed by debris, as per the BBC report.
Image: Wikimedia Commons
- Sri Lankan government introduces pilot project of adding AI into school
- Security Council reiterates call for immediate and safe aid delivery to Gaza amid ongoing conflict with Israel
- Shehbaz Sharif elected as Pakistan PM for second time, vows to fight country's debt crisis
- UN chief Antonio Guterres appeals for greater support for small islands fighting climate change
- Joe Biden administration orders probe into security risks of Chinese-made cars