Explosion rocks German building, 25 injured
Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 24 Jun 2018, 12:42 pm Print
Berlin: At least 25 people were injured as an explosion destroyed a building in Germany's Wuppertal city, media reports said on Sunday.
The injured included several critically, reports said.
"The explosion tore through the building shortly before midnight, police said, leaving parts of the structure burning," BBC reported.
Firefighters are still trying to douse the flame, reports said.
The cause of the fire is still being investigated.
The blast left a large hole where the building used to be, with flats either side in danger of collapse and vehicles crushed by debris, as per the BBC report.
Image: Wikimedia Commons
- World Food Safety Day: ‘Nobody should die from eating food’
- UN Security Council to welcome five new non-permanent members
- Ukraine: Seven people missing in Kherson region after destruction of Kakhovka dam
- Ukraine: Dam destruction ‘monumental humanitarian, economic and ecological catastrophe’: Guterres
- Finland to expel 9 Russian embassy employees