|Organization Name||:||Conciliation Resources|
|Location||:||London, United Kingdom|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||10 Jan 2021, 04:11 am|
|Closing Date||:||25 Jan 2021, 12:00 am|
Duration: Fixed term contract until 31 March 2023 (subject to funding)
Salary: £43,777.50 gross per annum plus 9% employer pension contribution
Location: London, with frequent travel to the region (subject to pandemic conditions)
Closing date: 9.00am UK time, 25 January 2021
Interviews: Date to be confirmed
We are currently seeking a Project Manager to join the South Caucasus team who has substantial experience of Project Management. It is essential that the candidate has a good working knowledge of written and spoken English and Russian, and is able to demonstrate knowledge of the social and political landscape in the South Caucasus region.
The Project Manager, South Caucasus, is responsible for developing and managing aspects of our peace building and conflict resolution work in the region. This work includes facilitation of dialogue; dealing with the past initiatives; promoting community inclusion and engagement in peacebuilding and peace processes, research and analysis on peacebuilding and conflict, and policy work. The post holder is responsible for overseeing the full project cycle for the activities they manage, including design, planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, narrative and financial reporting. They work closely with and act as a resource to partner organisations and represent the programme in meetings with a wide range of interlocutors in the field. The post-holder contributes to strategic development, implementation and resourcing of the South Caucasus programme as a whole, and potentially manages a Programme Officer or Assistant and consultants.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
• Substantial experience of project management including project planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and narrative and financial reporting.
• Practical experience of designing and implementing conflict resolution and peacebuilding interventions, including experience of working with international, national and local partner organisations in conditions of current or recent conflict.
• Good working knowledge of written and spoken English and Russian.
• Knowledge of the social and political landscape in the South Caucasus and wider region, and its conflicts.
• Experience of and sensitivity to communicating with multicultural and diverse audiences (including senior government officials, politicians, opposition groups, national and local NGOs and conflict-affected communities).
• Experience of planning, running, and facilitating effective meetings and workshops.
• Demonstrable experience of preparing, managing and monitoring budgets, local partners’ activities and of financial and narrative reporting to donors.
• Experience of developing new project ideas, building relationships with donors and writing proposals and budgets to secure new funds.
• Appreciation of confidentiality, political sensitivity and the complexities of working in a situation of unresolved conflict or political transition.
• Excellent spoken and written English.
• Post-graduate study or equivalent by experience in conflict resolution, international relations, development studies, international humanitarian law, gender, peace and security or other related fields.
• Willingness to work irregular hours on occasions and for frequent international travel.
• Experience of working in a conflict-affected area, and experience of hostile environment training or willingness to undertake hostile environment training.
• Experience of living or working in or with the South Caucasus region.
• Networks and connections with in-country and international stakeholders in the South Caucasus.
• Knowledge and experience of peace mediation and dialogue processes.
Downloads for this post:
Job Description: https://bit.ly/3hJXrQ5
Application form 1: https://bit.ly/38cO4oQ
Application form 2: https://bit.ly/35akoHk
Send your completed application forms parts 1 and 2 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Email id: recruitment(at)c-r.org