|Organization Name||:||German Red Cross|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||01 Dec 2020, 07:15 am|
|Closing Date||:||30 Dec 2020, 12:00 am|
Head of Office and Project Delegate (m/f/d), Mozambique
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking a Head of Office and Project Delegate (m/f/d) for an Urban Humanitarian Disaster Risk Reduction project in Maputo, Mozambique.
The Head of Office will maintain the good partnership with Mozambique Red Cross Society (CVM), supervise all GRC projects in Mozambique, represent the German Red Cross in the country and supervise the international GRC team in Mozambique. The Head of Office/Project Delegate is furthermore responsible for the overall implementation and management of the project “Improving readiness of Mozambique Red Cross for urban disasters and humanitarian disaster risk reduction in Greater Maputo Area”, which is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office. The project addresses people affected by hazards and disasters especially in the sectors of WASH, shelter and health in suburbs and informal settlements in the Greater Maputo area. The project also aims at increasing CVM´s readiness to respond to upcoming hazards and disasters.
The project is running from 01.04.2021 until 31.12.2022.
Duration: 12 months (with the possibility of extension)
Location: Maputo, Mozambique
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Representation and overall Management:
• Ensure and facilitate a close coordination and cooperation between Mozambique Red Cross Society and German Red Cross
• Represent German Red Cross towards Mozambique Red Cross Society and maintain a good working relation with partners of the RC/RC movement (PNS, IFRC and ICRC)
• Supervise the 3 GRC international delegates and the CVM project teams based in Mozambique
• Ensure and supervise the overall implementation of the related German Red Cross projects in the country with regular missions to the project sites
• Liaise, coordinate and cooperate closely with government authorities as well as relevant national & international organizations, the German Embassy and other important national and international stakeholders in the country
• Support the design and development of new programmes/projects
• Elaboration of the annual overall country strategy and annual reports for the GRC delegation
• Security Management for the delegation
• Lead the direct implementation of the Urban DDR/Readiness project in Maputo
• Design and implement a context and capacity analysis
• Contribute to strengthen the capacities of the Mozambique Red Cross Society and the CVM Urban project team to respond to crises, disaster situations and address humanitarian needs
• Support GRC Thematic Cooperation through learnings, project results and best practices to support Movement wide learning
• Ensure regular monitoring and reporting of the project implementation including the collection and analysis of data
• Ensure accurate project budgeting, financial management and expenditure tracking (FundsPro Software) according to GRC and donor requirements
• Comply with CVM, GRC and donor rules and regulations for procurement including the preparation of comparative bid analysis (CBA)
• Ensure quality, timely narrative and financial reporting in compliance with the GRC and the donor policies and regulations
• Ensure visibility according to German Government requirements/standards and present information on the project.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as Head of Office or Programme Coordinator including supervising an international team
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the field of humanitarian Disaster Risk Reduction
• Knowledge and professional experience within the urban context
• Knowledge and experience in humanitarian/emergency aid
• Knowledge and experience with PER (Preparedness for Effective Response) is an advantage
• Experience in implementing and managing donor funded projects (German Federal Foreign Office is an asset)
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build relationships at all levels
• Oral and written fluency in English and Portuguese (Applications with no Portuguese or Portuñol language skills will not be considered)
• Ability to work independently and as a team member in multi-cultural environments
• Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles
• Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions'
• Valid Driving Licence.
What we offer you:
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission as well as the personal allowance to cover your accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. You will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings and coaching prior as well as during and after your mission. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment. This position is a non-family post.
How to apply:
Kindly apply by submitting your application via the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.de) until 10.01.2021.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2020–160 with your application.