|Organization Name||:||Conservation International (CI)|
|Location||:||Quezon City, Philippines|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||15 Sep 2020, 05:24 am|
|Closing Date||:||14 Oct 2020, 12:00 am|
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The Communications Specialist for Conservation International Philippines Foundation, Inc (CIPFI) will continually raise Conservation International (CI)’s profile nationally, provide communications support to fundraising and partnership efforts in the Philippine office and to the country programme. The contractor will also coordinate internal communications for CIPFI so that its efforts are well understood in region and globally within CI.
CIPFI is an Affiliate of CI, a US-based environmental non-profit organization. Our mission is “Building upon a strong foundation of science, partnership and field demonstration, empower societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature for the well-being of humanity.” CIPFI applies innovations in science, economics, policy, and community participation to protect the earth’s richest regions of plant and animal diversity in the hotspots, major tropical wilderness areas and key marine ecosystems.
• The Communications Specialist will report to the Country Executive Director and is based in the Philippines, with occasional field missions to the provinces and related areas. This position is the lead person in the delivery of the following for the CIPFI and its projects:
• Develop, manage, and implement communication plans to promote CI and generate interest and support to advance CI’s mission and strategic objectives.
• Proactively engage media and handles press inquiries to promote CI’s efforts.
• Develop content for external communication channels including digital, print, and social media platforms.
• Manage and grow CIPFI’s social media.
• Coordinate and manage division and/or CI-wide internal communications to ensure CI staff are aware of key CI priorities, projects, and accomplishments.
• Work with business units at HQ and/or in the field to improve information flow and foster understanding of CI’s work with relevant partners, donors, and existing and potential supporters.
• Review, analyze, and report on the effectiveness of CI’s communication efforts.
• Based in Philippines, with occasional field missions to the provinces and related areas;
• Ability to work extended works hours to meet deadlines.
• Fixed term position: October 1, 2020 to September 30, 2021
In keeping with Philippine Government and CIPFI regulations health and safety regulations during COVID-19 pandemic
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or a related field
• At least 5 years of professional experience in public relations, media, journalism, marketing and branding, or online communications,
• Proven understanding of the media and its role in delivering change
• Excellent writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail
• Ability to effectively communicate complex information (the scope and scale of CI’s work) to a general audience
• Strong organization, project management and prioritization skills
• Excellent time management skills and ability to adapt in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work with and communicate effectively with peers and staff from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
• At least 3 years of professional experience in strategic communications with focus in implementing responsible and sustainable care for nature, biodiversity conservation and human well-being
• Management of social media in a professional capacity
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.
Application Deadline: September 23, 2020 (EST).
Conservation International Values
We expect that all employees will embrace the values of our organization.
• Passion: Inspired by people and by nature, we are urgently compelled to drive change for a sustainable future.
• Integrity: We are honest, transparent and accountable for our actions.
• Teamwork: We work together as one CI,?recognizing that?inclusion, collaboration and?cooperation are?fundamental to achieving a?healthy and prosperous?world for all.
• Respect: We respect each other and work to earn trust, valuing our?diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences.
• Courage: We pursue our vision, taking bold action, persevering and overcoming challenges.
• Optimism: We are optimistic about the capacity of people to be caring, generous and brilliant, and believe that with partners, we can inspire humanity to create a better future.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.
Apply at: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CONSERVATION&cws=39&rid=1389