|Organization Name||:||Education Development Center (EDC)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||25 Nov 2022, 03:58 am|
|Closing Date||:||22 Dec 2022, 12:00 am|
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC)
EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements, and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
EDC is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
EDC’s approach to equity, diversity, and inclusion is grounded in EDC’s commitment to respect the dignity of each individual. EDC has a commitment to promoting equity and access to high quality education and health services that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. EDC expresses its commitment to increasing equity through its strategies, services and products, which contribute to building capacity and transforming lives.
EDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
The goal of the USAID Teacher Excellence Initiative Activity project is to improve the quality and relevance of teacher preparation in Egyptian public universities so that current and future primary school teachers have enhanced skills to increase student learning and advance the Ministry of Education and Technical Education’s (MOETE) “Education 2.0” reform. The Ministry’s teacher professional development strategy emphasizes pedagogical, behavioral, and subject knowledge, as well as digital skills. The MOETE wants teachers to use technology in classroom instruction and in their own professional development training. By supporting and motivating teachers through technology-enhanced professional development opportunities, the MOETE expects that educators will stimulate student inquiry, creativity, and learning. The activity will achieve this goal by providing curriculum materials, technology supported trainings and practical capacity building opportunities for Faculty of Education, Ministry counterparts, and pre-service teachers to obtain the skills and knowledge to apply practice-based, experiential teaching methods in the classroom. The activity will also support capacity building opportunities for counterparts to support joint planning, implementation, and adaptation of teacher education.
The Capacity Building Manager will be responsible for ensuring the effective planning, implementation, and follow-up of TEI capacity building activities. The Capacity Building Manager will coordinate effectively with the TEI leadership and technical teams and TEI counterparts and partner representatives in this process. TEI capacity building opportunities will include TEI training workshops, TOTs, practicums, and other participant training events The manager will also manage the TEI study tour program. The manager will ensure smooth training and events implementation in compliance with USAID requirements. The manager will serve as an effective liaison between technical, support teams, counterparts, and partners. Among other priorities, the manager will maintain up-to-date and accurate participant lists, prepare workshops and events schedules and provide follow-up coordination, support the drafting, editing of course materials, documentation, and related reports, and support the training evaluation process. The Capacity Building Manager will directly supervise the TEI Training Officer and the TEI Study Tour Coordinator.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Lead the coordination and implementation of TEI capacity building and training/events annual plan.
• Ensure liaison between technical and support team and TEI counterparts at the FOEs and elsewhere and with TEI partners.
• Lead the planning of the TEI Study Tour(s) in coordination with the TEI leadership team and other key project stakeholders
• Coordinate the implementation of the TEI study tour with the TEI Study Tour Coordinator
• Support the drafting of workshop materials, documentation, and related reports as needed.
• Support the TEI Training Officer to ensure proper documentation for participants’ nominations prior to events and other related documentation/information during and after events including USAID training information systems.
• Support the TEI Training Officer to maintain up-to-date participant lists and documentation for each event.
• Coordinate training venues selection with Training Coordinator to select and secure suitable venues for events, as needed (may include site visits, soliciting quotes from venues, compiling list of competitive venue bids, etc.)
• Establish a schedule of meetings with TEI team members for workshops and events implementation process requirements
• Coordinate with Training Officer and the finance team payments, invoicing, receipts for events as needed.
• Respond to other priorities and tasks, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree required in education, business administration, or related field; master’s degree preferred
Skills and Experience:
• A minimum of 8-10 years of progressive experience in project capacity building and training coordination
• Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, and handle highly confidential information appropriately;
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a cross cultural setting, negotiate diplomatically, and function well under pressure;
• Supervision experience required;
• Excellent Communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team and to be proactive.
• Experience with USAID programming and regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to work/liaison with a wide array of project stakeholders
• Strong organizational skills, administrative abilities, and attention to detail.
• Fluent English and Arabic required.
EDC is committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply at: https://bit.ly/3i0eWzU