|Organization Name||:||Common Goal|
|Location||:||Berlin and Remote, Germany|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||15 Nov 2022, 03:52 am|
|Closing Date||:||19 Dec 2022, 12:00 am|
ABOUT COMMON GOAL
With more than three billion fans, football is the largest social phenomenon on the planet.
Common Goal is rooted in the belief that the world’s most popular sport is one of the few cultural forces strong enough to help shift society towards a more sustainable and equitable future for all. We believe that achieving long-lasting change requires collaboration. That’s why we are building a movement that creates opportunities for every stakeholder in football to participate – we embed purpose at the heart of the football industry, leverage football’s reach and culture to inspire fans to act and use football as a catalyst to unlock excellence and opportunities for young people everywhere.
We want to maximise the game’s contribution to people and planet and believe that we are at a true historical milestone. As such, we are creating opportunities to engage new talent with the drive and passion that changing the world requires.
Are you ready?
ABOUT THE ROLE
Main focus of the Head of Partnerships at Common Goal lies on building pipeline, acquiring new, grow existing and continuously develop and innovate the impact sponsorship model. Brands play a key role in accelerating progress towards achieving the SDGs. In addition, the impact sponsorships represent one crucial element of the sustainable financial engineering of the Common Goal movement. The 1% mechanic serves as a reference and framework across all relationships.
In summary, you’re excited to take on a role that is critical for growing the game and making the world a better place.
• Work collaboratively with corporate partners and prospects on an international scale to build and implement impact sponsorship plans.
• Build pipeline, reach out and negotiate with potential new business partners in the corporate and football industry sector.
• Increase investment to top impact verticals across all relevant constituencies, with a special focus on gender equity, diversity and inclusion and climate action.
• Continuously develop and oversee innovative product development within the impact sponsorships and across constituencies to grow existing relationships within the partner’s universe.
• Co-develop and drive an aspirational, results oriented strategy that further builds and contributes to the movement wide financial sustainability.
• Assist internally across all teams to sharpen the senses for and take decisions towards growth/scale readiness and work collaboratively on demonstrating the impact of our work and opportunities for partners.
• Directly manage, mentor and inspire a growing team of professionals to support them in their personal growth and performance, thriving for a culture of servant leadership at all levels.
• You have a degree in a related field of studies.
• You have significant work experience, including at least three (3) years in a leadership position, with advanced understanding of the areas of Growth/Sales, Business Development, Philanthropy, Technology and Innovation.
• You are native and/or fluent in English. Other languages are an important asset.
• You are integer, authentic, curious, purpose-driven and carry team play deeply embedded in your believe system.
• You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are a believer in audacious goals, not afraid of failure and willing to learn and quickly bounce back.
• You bring high-quality relevant and trust-based relationships to the Common Goal movement, fruit of your previous experiences.
• You can listen and you have a clear, effective and empathetic communication on all levels internally and across all stakeholder groups.
• You have the proven ability to open, negotiate and close agreements with a focus on corporate partnerships and football institutions, equipped with the necessary empathy, confidence, mental flexibility and deep understanding of the context the potential partners operate in.
• You have the ability to integrate own creative solutions with market and societal trends and needs on an ongoing basis.
• You strive for best possible service/offering at all times.
• Become part of a vision for football 2030 that aims to enable all stakeholders in the football industry to play their part in accelerating progress towards the Global Goals.
• Lead a motivating work culture with highly talented colleagues and peers, continue to shape dynamic decision-making processes, and unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognised social enterprise.
• Play your part in the world’s biggest community into a more sustainable path and join an innovative, experienced, solutions-oriented, and impact-driven team that is passionate about football for good.
• Enjoy flexible working arrangements, an inspiring and centrally located office, 30 days annual leave and other great features to enable an optimal balance between work and personal life.
• Benefit from attractive perks for all employees such as visa & relocation support, monthly public transport passes, a gym allowance, home-office equipment and support, as well as other great initiatives to create a fun and exciting workplace.
• Finally, join a squad where 100% of your future teammates agreed in the latest staff survey that “fellow team members are committed to doing quality work.”
HOW TO APPLY
Kick things off by submitting your CV and / or link to your LinkedIn profile and a few sentences about yourself via our online application form under https://podio.com/webforms/28074662/2212851.
Your application will be screened against the position-specific criteria and suitable, qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment and selection process.
Common Goal is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced people! Women, those identified as female and/or non-binary, and people from minority backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.