|Organization Name||:||Root Capital|
|Location||:||Regional / Global|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||05 Sep 2022, 04:53 am|
|Closing Date||:||02 Oct 2022, 12:00 am|
Reports To: Regional HR Manager (US)
Job Type: Full-time
Region: Central America & Mexico - East Africa - South America - United States
Location: Remote (open to any country where Root Capital has an office: Colombia, Costa Rica, Kenya, Mexico, Nicaragua, Peru, or the United States)
Start Date: Immediate
Contact: Please apply by filling out the form below.
The HR Associate will enhance organizational effectiveness and efficiency by providing the HR department with information management and administrative support. You will provide excellent customer service to our internal clients and be extremely organized. You will partner with all levels of the organization to ensure that employees have the tools and information they need to be efficient, productive, and thrive in our organization. You will report to the Regional HR Manager (US) and provide support to our global team across the employee life cycle.
You will maintain a people-first approach, using technology to enable continuous improvement and access to information. Your demeanor, work style, and approach will be representative of our organization’s values and leadership principles as we work as a united team toward the organization’s mission and goals. You view HR as more than an administrative, compliance-driven task; instead, you view your role as an opportunity to shape our organizational culture and make Root Capital a great place to work. The more our employees feel supported, the better they support our clients. This is our team’s global impact.
Mission & History of Root Capital
Root Capital is a nonprofit whose mission is to grow rural prosperity and build the resilience of farming families around the world. We support the growth of agricultural enterprises so they can transform rural communities. These businesses purchase crops such as coffee, cocoa, or grains from smallholder farmers. With growth, they become engines of impact that can raise incomes, create jobs for the next generation of leaders, level the playing field for women, and take urgent action against climate change.
We supply these businesses with vital credit and capacity building to foster their growth and resilience. We work in hard-to-serve communities where others don’t. To date, we’ve distributed $1.7 billion to improve the lives of over 10 million people in farming families.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Root Capital currently has associated offices in Costa Rica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Colombia, Peru, Ghana, and Kenya.
General Office Support (50%):
• Submits vendor invoices timely with the appropriate documentation
• Answers main phone line and transfers calls as necessary
• Manages general inboxes and transfers messages as necessary
• Retrieves archived information as needed for projects & audits
• Manages relationships with external vendors (examples: travel bookings, subscriptions)
• Builds and maintains effective relationships with key stakeholders
HR Dept Support (25%):
• Provides administrative coordination/support for departmental projects and audits
• Schedules HR department meetings and takes minutes as needed
• Perform pre-hire tasks (background/references checks, etc) (US team)
• Provides administrative support for tracking priority initiatives for the department
• Conduct monthly billing audits to ensure new enrollees are added in a timely manner (US team)
• Support the planning and implementation of a monthly, virtual event for each region (as needed)
• Collaborate with the planning of employee birthday and anniversary recognition
Systems Support (25%):
• Maintains HR filing systems (BambooHR, Box, etc)
• Conducts regular audits of platforms to ensure up-to-date data and troubleshoots as needed
• Supports the rollout of HR systems/processes, including slide decks, and pre-reading materials
• Assists HR team with processing organization-wide updates in systems/internal tracking
Performs other related duties as required.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, written and verbal communication
• Extensive knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
• Proficient with technology (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Box, BambooHR, etc).
• Experience working in a complex, matrixed, multicultural organization is preferred.
• Experience in a global and multi-location work environment is highly desired.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Commitment to Root Capital’s mission.
• Must be authorized to work in at least one of the following countries: Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Kenya, Mexico, Peru, or the United States.
More information about Root Capital is available at www.rootcapital.org. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply using the form below as soon as possible, making sure to include a resume and cover letter that describes your interest, qualifications, language abilities, salary requirements, and how you learned of the position. Finalist candidates will be required to provide at least three work-related references.
U.S applicants: Root Capital Inc. participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government your I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, see here. Learn more about your right to work.
Root Capital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, active military or veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth, and breastfeeding and expressing breast milk), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Root Capital is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that upholds our leadership principles of empowerment, equity, integrity, service, and transparency.
Apply at: https://rootcapital.org/careers/human-resources-associate/