|Organization Name||:||Textile Exchange|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||15 Jun 2022, 02:21 am|
|Closing Date||:||09 Jul 2022, 12:00 am|
Textile Exchange is a global non-profit driving positive impact on climate change across the fashion and textile industry. It guides a growing community of brands, manufacturers, and farmers towards more purposeful production from the very start of the supply chain.
By 2030, its goal is to guide the industry to achieve a 45% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions within fiber and raw material production. Its focus is holistic and interconnected, accelerating the adoption of practices that improve the state of our water, soil health, and biodiversity too.
For real change to happen, everyone needs a clear path to positive impact. That’s why Textile Exchange believes that approachable, step-by-step instruction paired with collective action can change the system to make preferred materials and fibers an accessible default, mobilizing leaders through attainable strategies, proven solutions, and a driven community.
At Textile Exchange, materials matter. To learn more, visit TextileExchange.org.
Working at Textile Exchange
We work remotely with a team located in 20+ countries. We are a diverse group committed to harnessing the strengths of the global textile industry to accelerate change toward climate and other key environmental goals. We work collaboratively on important environmental issues around the world by working and interacting with farming groups, processors, brands, retailers, and environmental experts in the textile and fashion industries around the world. We offer an opportunity to join a cutting-edge global environmental nonprofit and to help strengthen the impact of our organization. Each Textile Exchange employee is offered a competitive compensation package with paid time off, yearly bonus, opportunities for continuing education, and more.
We are looking for a Senior Coordinator to support Textile Exchange’s Cotton programs and activities, primarily coordinating the Sustainable Cotton Round Table.
Our new team member will be ready to take on a diversity of tasks from administrative support to the development of communication media and event planning and coordination.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a mission-driven organization. You will be a positive person interested in sustainability and passionate about scaling solutions to address the climate crisis. You will have a proven ability to remain flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism. Expert-level written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to plan ahead, strong decision-making capacity and attention to detail.
Like all roles at Textile Exchange, this role will be primarily home-based; Textile Exchange is a US-based but remote-working organization with a global team. Your key colleagues will primarily be based in the UK and US. You will be based in countries with time zones between UTC and UTC+3 time zones (Africa, Europe, Western Asia) overlapping with the ones of your colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Overall administrative oversight of the Sustainable Cotton Round Table (SC RT) and Steering Committee.
• Support, oversee, and carry out the?planning and?coordination of the Sustainable Cotton Round Table activities, including:
• Events such as the Global Sustainable Cotton Summits.
• Working Groups and Steering Committee.
• Communication such as administration of the Sustainable Cotton Round Table online platforms, the SC RT Hub, and mailbox.
• Support to Cotton Manager Lead:
• Carry out effective diary management and support the arrangements of complex meeting arrangements concerning multiple stakeholders
• Coordinate and assist with the 2025 Sustainable Cotton Challenge and future Cotton Challenges.
• Support with presentations, formatting, and spell-checking papers, help with building reports and information in a digestible and presentable format
• Build effective relationships across all levels of the organization from the leadership team to junior colleagues to ensure you are connected to what is going on
• Carry out ad-hoc research into key questions/requirements
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
• Interested and passionate about addressing climate change in the textile and fashion industry
• Team player, resourceful, eager to learn and able to work independently in a virtual workplace.
• Highly attentive to detail with strong organizational and planning skills.
• A driven individual with a high degree of autonomy.
• Self-starting and proactive about thinking what is needed.
• Confident managing projects and following them through to conclusion.
• Excellent communication, written, and grammatical skills in English (Native?or bilingual?proficiency).
• Equipped with excellent computer skills including advanced proficiency in Microsoft. Excel, PowerPoint, and Word and the ability to quickly learn new systems.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to think outside the box to creatively problem solve in a new and often contentious space.
• Contract full-time position (40 hours per week).
• Work from home, virtual/remote (flexible working hours is a must due to difference in international time zones).
• Compensation range: US $40,00–50,000
• Textile Exchange is currently unable to provide sponsorship for work permits. Candidates need to have existing right to work in nominated working location.
• To be filled as soon as possible (start date to be agreed between both parties).
How to Apply
• Cover Letter
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis as they are submitted. Early application submission is strongly encouraged.
Textile Exchange is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply at: https://textileexchange.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=23