|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||31 Dec 2021, 03:54 am|
|Closing Date||:||29 Jan 2022, 12:00 am|
Job Description: Analytics Manager
Company: EarthEnable, Incorporated
Reports to: COO
Location: Kigali, Rwanda, with time spent travelling to rural districts in Rwanda, Uganda, and any additional countries we open!
Compensation: 1,400-2,200 USD per month gross (1,000-1,500 USD per month net salary)
Timeframe: At least 2 years
Who We Are
At EarthEnable, we believe that our clients deserve our very best, that work should be fun, and that the best ideas could come from any part of the company. We celebrate each other’s wins, learn from our setbacks, and are deeply proud of the impact we make every day. We believe that a home that doesn’t make you sick means more than living disease-free. It means pride and dignity in the place our customers most treasure: their homes. Being a part of our team means more than building housing products: it means building an organization and building a better future for rural families.
What We Do
EarthEnable is transforming the way people live, by making homes healthier for families across rural Rwanda. 80% of Rwandans live in homes with dirt floors which are dusty, unsanitary, and fertile breeding grounds for parasites and germs. While replacing a dirt floor with concrete has significant health benefits (e.g. reducing diarrhea by 50% and parasitic infections by 80%), concrete is unaffordable for many who need it.
EarthEnable addresses this pressing and ubiquitous problem by selling high-quality, earthen floors that are 80% cheaper than concrete with 90% less embedded energy. Earthen floors are already prevalent in modern homes in the United States and are composed of natural materials (gravel, clay, sand, and laterite). EarthEnable trains and hires local masons to install the floors which are sealed using a proprietary drying oil that makes them waterproof, strong, and polished. In our first 5 years of operations, EarthEnable has installed over 8,000 floors for over 35,000 individuals and currently employs roughly 500 staff.
About the Role
We are looking for a dynamic and gritty Analytics Manager who is excited to build a fast-growing and high-impact organization alongside a passionate and hard-working team. The Analytics Manager would work closely with the CEO and COO on both a developing and executing strategy. She or he would develop strategy alongside senior management, conduct data analysis in order to improve company business practices, support the CEO on special projects as needed, develop employees across the company, assist in fundraising efforts, and be a critical thought partner to the CEO and Board.
We are looking for a leader who can take us to the next level and beyond.
Systems and Analytics
• Using insights gained from field work and working with EarthEnable’s teams to improve EarthEnable’s data systems
• Conducting data analysis in order to improve company operations and provide oversight of departments
• Help CEO, COO, and other senior management members improve EarthEnable systems department
• Traveling to the field to help oversee EarthEnable’s efforts at data collection
• Work with construction, sales, inventory, finance, and other departments to determine system needs and work with the systems team to build new tools to meet those needs
Executive Functions and Special Projects
• Frequently visiting the field operations, participating in developing business strategy, and understanding the business enough to be able to accurately and effectively communicate our impact.
• Helping with M&E and oversight of research studies
• Continually improving company organization and efficiency in collaboration with COO
• Assisting the CEO on special projects (especially expansion and scaling focused projects)
• Assisting the C.E.O with board management, including creating board presentations and other communications.
• Helping the CEO and other senior managers plan company-wide employee development
• Building the capabilities of staff in the executive departments and throughout the company to improve EarthEnable’s long term performance
• Helping employees throughout the company build skills in writing, data analysis, email communication, PowerPoint composition, and other relevant areas
• Helping more employees throughout the company, especially senior management, use data to inform management decisions
Finance and Fundraising
• Working with finance team to build models to project EarthEnable’s fundraising needs
• Working with finance team to ensure current restricted and unrestricted grants are managed properly
• Supporting on grant budget development and grant applications
• 2-3 years of experience working in consulting, finance, or in related fields
• Exceptional Excel modelling and data analysis skills
• Demonstrated experience conducting data analysis to attain insights on business operations and drive business decisions using Excel, STATA, and other relevant software
• Ability to manage multiple work streams and quickly learn new skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Management experience or desire to learn management skills to upskill fellow employees is a must
• Experience with financial reporting, budgeting, Salesforce, and/or STATA is a plus
• Desire to live and work in East Africa; experience living and working in a developing country a plus
• Learns on the go, doing important, higher-level work from the start
• Detail-oriented and able to multitask
• Positive attitude, self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit, sense of humor, and willingness to learn new things
• Commitment to excellence and outstanding work ethic
• Resourcefulness and creative problem solving
• Strong alignment with EarthEnable’s values:
• Take pride in our impact on health. Work passionately to change the way people live.
• Set the bar for customer care. Exceed their expectations every step of the way.
• Work hard and work together to achieve our most ambitious goals and dreams.
• Be resourceful and responsible with money; our impact depends on it.
• Treat everyone with fairness, empathy, and concern with which we expect to be treated.
• Trust each other to have the humility to support and the vulnerability to be supported.
Please Apply here (https://bit.ly/3JEGqVc) if interested