|Organization Name||:||Future Earth|
|Location||:||Remote, Colorado, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||05 Dec 2021, 04:55 am|
|Closing Date||:||15 Dec 2021, 12:00 am|
Future Earth is seeking to fill the position of Network Coordinator. This is a full time position based in the USA. Applicants must be eligible to work in the USA and may work remotely from within the USA.
Future Earth is a global organization advancing informed transformations to sustainability. Its offices include eight Global Secretariat Hubs whose staff support initiatives that elevate the role of science in understanding and meeting critical sustainability challenges. The US Global Secretariat Hub works collaboratively with the other offices and members of the Future Earth community to mobilize, coordinate, and communicate sustainability knowledge to action.
The Future Earth Network Coordinator fosters the development of an inclusive and engaged Future Earth community. In addition to administering and growing a network of national committees and structures, the Network Coordinator will play a critical role in several programs and activities led by the Future Earth US Global Hub, such as the Future Earth Member Portal and the Sustainability Research and Innovation Congress series. This position requires a strategic and well-organized individual, preferably with global experience and a familiarity with inclusive approaches to sustainability. This is a leadership position within the collaborative global structure, and will report to the Associate Director of the Future Earth US Global Hub.
The Network Coordinator will have these Key Responsibilities:
1. Lead the development and implementation of the Future Earth Membership Portal.
Future Earth has launched a powerful Member Portal to support the global Future Earth Community. To ensure this Portal reaches its potential, the Network Coordinator will develop a strategic plan for the Portal, produce and manage content (such as Member Directory, Job Board, Event Calendar), and introduce the Portal to the Future Earth community.
2. Coordinate the global network of Future Earth National Committees and Structures.
Future Earth National Committees and Structures mobilize and elevate sustainability science in 19 nations around the world. Working with colleagues from Africa, Asia and Europe, the Network Coordinator will develop and manage activities to increase the connectivity and impact of this network.
3. Contribute to the organization of the Sustainability Research and Innovation 2022 Congress (SRI2022).
The Sustainability Research and Innovation Congress is an annual meeting series for the global sustainability science and innovation community. The second SRI Congress, SRI2022, will take place in Pretoria, South Africa, June 2022. The Network Coordinator will play a key role in the SRI2022 Operations Team, managing correspondence with participants and speakers and assisting with pre-Congress events as well as various other aspects of Congress organization.
4. Support the development of the Future Earth US national strategy.
The Future Earth US Global Secretariat Hub is developing a national strategy to better connect the US sustainability science community to the global activities and programs of Future Earth. The Network Coordinator will assist with this growing portfolio of work, which includes landscape and network analysis as well as partnership development.
Qualities we are seeking:
The person stepping into this role will be a self-starter, strategic thinker, an excellent communicator, and a diplomatic and flexible collaborator able to effectively liaise between different geographically distributed groups. Further, an ideal candidate thrives within a complex, global organization, is exceptionally well-organized, enjoys solving problems under tight deadlines, understands the sustainability science and innovation landscape, fearlessly embraces change, demonstrates creativity and strong attention to detail, is keen to learn, and works very well with others.
• Master’s degree with 3+ years of relevant work experience
• Experience in working in a complex international environment with a range of different partners
• Proven capacity in collaboratively and effectively managing demanding projects across international time zones and meeting tight deadlines
• Outstanding organizational skills and strong attention to detail
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and good judgement
• Familiarity with, and passion for, environmental and sustainability science and policy
• Excellent communications skills and fluency in English
• Ability to see the bigger picture and quickly set priorities
• Ability and willingness to occasionally attend early morning or late evening international calls
• Strong sense of integrity, responsibility and accountability
• Experience in non-profit program monitoring and evaluation
• Experience in event planning and management
Term and Compensation:
This position is a full time appointment and available for immediate hire for the successful candidate. Compensation will be between $60-70,000 / year, depending on experience. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter through Future Earth’s application platform by December 15, 2021.
Apply at: https://futureearth.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=23