Beijing: The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 4,233 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Friday.
Altogether 30,539 local asymptomatic carriers were newly identified.
A total of 2,877 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the mainland on Thursday, said the commission in its daily report.
Thursday saw no new deaths from COVID-19, with the total death toll at 5,233.
(With UNI inputs)
- New York's Albert Einstein College of Medicine is now tuition-free after receiving a USD 1 billion donor gift
- Bubonic plague case detected in US
- WHO says five nations awarded for their efforts towards eliminating mass-produced trans fats in food
- Study finds kiwifruit is a powerful mood booster
- More than one million lives were saved in Europe due to COVID-19 vaccines, says WHO