Dhaka: Bangladesh registered 892 new COVID-19 cases in a day, a significant single day spike witnessed since Sept 29, media reports said on Wednesday.
The total caseload in the country now stands at 1,588,807.
The death toll rose to 28,090 as another three fatalities were reported in the 24 hours to 8 am on Wednesday, according to the latest government data, reports bdnews24.
Dhaka, the capital city, registered 739 infections, which is the highest among all divisions.
- COVID-19: Australia to end mandatory isolation
- Time to address mental health issues in the workplace, UN agencies urge
- Build momentum to ‘finish the job’ and end COVID-19 pandemic, Guterres urges
- Noncommunicable diseases now ‘top killers globally’ – UN health agency report
- Seven Ebola cases, one death confirmed in Uganda, WHO scales up response