Dhaka: Bangladesh, a country which registered a severe wave of the pandemic in recent times, registered two new deaths due to COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, media reports said on Friday.
During the same period, 191 people died due to the virus.
The total number of COVID-19 infected people in the country now stands at
The death toll climbed to 28,043 after two new deaths from the disease were registered in the 24 hours to 8 am on Friday, according to the latest government data, reports bdnews24.
Dhaka recorded the most cases among the eight divisions, logging 161 infections, the Bangladeshi news portal reported.
- New WHO strategy aims to strengthen rapid response to health emergencies
- ‘Worrying upsurge’ in deadly cholera, warns Tedros, in wide-ranging global health update
- Dementia: WHO launches blueprint to tackle generational health challenge
- Haiti: UN supports Government efforts to quell cholera outbreak
- COVID-19: Australia to end mandatory isolation