Dhaka: Bangladesh, a country which registered a severe wave of the pandemic in recent times, registered two new deaths due to COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, media reports said on Friday.
During the same period, 191 people died due to the virus.
The total number of COVID-19 infected people in the country now stands at
The death toll climbed to 28,043 after two new deaths from the disease were registered in the 24 hours to 8 am on Friday, according to the latest government data, reports bdnews24.
Dhaka recorded the most cases among the eight divisions, logging 161 infections, the Bangladeshi news portal reported.
- Mali: WHO doctor seized by ‘unidentified assailants’, as UNHCR raises alarm over continuing violence
- North Korea imposes five-day lockdown in Pyongyang to battle rising cases of 'respiratory illness'
- China says 80% of its population have had Covid-19: Reports
- WHO calls for action to totally eliminate trans fat, ‘a toxic chemical that kills’
- $2.54 billion needed to tackle unprecedented health needs in 2023: WHO