Dhaka: Bangladesh, a country which registered a severe wave of the pandemic in recent times, registered two new deaths due to COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, media reports said on Friday.
During the same period, 191 people died due to the virus.
The total number of COVID-19 infected people in the country now stands at
The death toll climbed to 28,043 after two new deaths from the disease were registered in the 24 hours to 8 am on Friday, according to the latest government data, reports bdnews24.
Dhaka recorded the most cases among the eight divisions, logging 161 infections, the Bangladeshi news portal reported.
- New York's Albert Einstein College of Medicine is now tuition-free after receiving a USD 1 billion donor gift
- Bubonic plague case detected in US
- WHO says five nations awarded for their efforts towards eliminating mass-produced trans fats in food
- Study finds kiwifruit is a powerful mood booster
- More than one million lives were saved in Europe due to COVID-19 vaccines, says WHO