Riyadh/UNI/Sputnik: Saudi Arabia will authorize those vaccinated against COVID-19 with Russian-made Sputnik V to enter the kingdom starting from Jan 1, 2022, with a number of conditions, the vaccine developer said on the official Twitter account on Sunday, citing the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF).
"RDIF: Saudi Arabia joined more than 100 other countries accepting #sputnikvaccinated visitors," the Sputnik V developer tweeted.
"Upon entering the country, persons vaccinated with Sputnik V will be required to quarantine for 48 hours and take a PCR test," the press release of Sputnik V said.
The decision to allow entry to the kingdom for those vaccinated with Sputnik V enables the Muslims to participate in the Hajj and the Umrah pilgrimages in Mecca and Medina, the document added.
"As Saudi Arabia opens its borders for the Sputnik V vaccinated, this decision will play an important role for increasing the tourist flows and establishing new business ties between Russia and Saudi Arabia," according to the press release.
- One in eight people on Earth is living with obesity, warns WHO
- New York's Albert Einstein College of Medicine is now tuition-free after receiving a USD 1 billion donor gift
- Bubonic plague case detected in US
- WHO says five nations awarded for their efforts towards eliminating mass-produced trans fats in food
- Study finds kiwifruit is a powerful mood booster