Dhaka: Bangladesh, which has witnessed the deadly phase of the COVID-19 pandemic in the past few months, registered zero deaths in the last 24 hours, media reports said.
The death toll due to the virus now stands at 27,946.
The coronavirus caseload rose to 1,573,889 as 178 people tested positive for the disease in the 24 hours to 8 am on Saturday, according to the latest government data, bdnews24 reported.
Dhaka recorded the most cases among the eight divisions, logging 142 infections, the news portal reported.
In the past 24 hours, 190 people recovered from the disease.
- Bangladesh witnessing another surge in COVID-19 cases, positivity rate touches 31 pct
- Pakistan witnessing fifth wave, 7,586 fresh COVID-19 cases recorded in past 24 hours
- COVID-19: Argentina reports first florona case
- Sri Lankan health authorities warn against Omicron
- US offers North Korea 60 mn doses of Covid-19 vaccine