Dhaka: Bangladesh, which has witnessed the deadly phase of the COVID-19 pandemic in the past few months, registered zero deaths in the last 24 hours, media reports said.
The death toll due to the virus now stands at 27,946.
The coronavirus caseload rose to 1,573,889 as 178 people tested positive for the disease in the 24 hours to 8 am on Saturday, according to the latest government data, bdnews24 reported.
Dhaka recorded the most cases among the eight divisions, logging 142 infections, the news portal reported.
In the past 24 hours, 190 people recovered from the disease.
- Mali: WHO doctor seized by ‘unidentified assailants’, as UNHCR raises alarm over continuing violence
- North Korea imposes five-day lockdown in Pyongyang to battle rising cases of 'respiratory illness'
- China says 80% of its population have had Covid-19: Reports
- WHO calls for action to totally eliminate trans fat, ‘a toxic chemical that kills’
- $2.54 billion needed to tackle unprecedented health needs in 2023: WHO