Dhaka: Bangladesh, which has witnessed the deadly phase of the COVID-19 pandemic in the past few months, registered zero deaths in the last 24 hours, media reports said.
The death toll due to the virus now stands at 27,946.
The coronavirus caseload rose to 1,573,889 as 178 people tested positive for the disease in the 24 hours to 8 am on Saturday, according to the latest government data, bdnews24 reported.
Dhaka recorded the most cases among the eight divisions, logging 142 infections, the news portal reported.
In the past 24 hours, 190 people recovered from the disease.
- WHO study says over 400 million people need hearing aids globally
- One in eight people on Earth is living with obesity, warns WHO
- New York's Albert Einstein College of Medicine is now tuition-free after receiving a USD 1 billion donor gift
- Bubonic plague case detected in US
- WHO says five nations awarded for their efforts towards eliminating mass-produced trans fats in food