Dhaka: Bangladesh, a country which witnessed a significant spike in COVID-19 cases in recent times, registered seven deaths due to the virus in the past 24 hours, media reports said.
The death toll due to the disease in the country now stands at 27,841.
The COVID-19 caseload rose to 1,568,563 after 306 people tested positive until 8 am Wednesday, according to the latest government data, reports bdnews24.
Dhaka registered the most daily deaths and new cases among the eight divisions, logging 3 fatalities and 207 infections, the news portal reported.
In the past 24 hours, 288 people recovered from the illness.
- End leprosy discrimination laws ‘without delay’, UN rights expert urges
- Merck and Ridgeback says Molnupiravir medicine demonstrates activity against Omicron variant
- NeoCoV virus: Wuhan scientists warn of new coronavirus strain with higher infection rate, fatality
- WHO: New guidance on treating complications due to unsafe abortion
- Bangladesh registers 15,527 new coronavirus cases in past 24 hours