Dhaka: Bangladesh, a nation that has witnessed deadly COVID-19 outbreak, registered six deaths due to the disease in the past 24 hours, media reports said on Tuesday.
The country also recorded 276 fresh cases.
The latest development has taken the death toll of the country to 27, 834 and the total caseload to 1,568,257, according to the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) as reported by Dhaka Tribune.
Meanwhile, 440 people recovered from the disease in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of recoveries to 1,532,180, the newspaper reported.
- End leprosy discrimination laws ‘without delay’, UN rights expert urges
- Merck and Ridgeback says Molnupiravir medicine demonstrates activity against Omicron variant
- NeoCoV virus: Wuhan scientists warn of new coronavirus strain with higher infection rate, fatality
- WHO: New guidance on treating complications due to unsafe abortion
- Bangladesh registers 15,527 new coronavirus cases in past 24 hours