Dhaka: Bangladesh recorded 17 new deaths due to COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, media reports said on Wednesday.
The death toll due to the disease now stands at 27,730.
The COVID-19 caseload rose to 1,564,019 as 518 people tested positive for the disease in the 24 hours to 8 am on Wednesday, according to the latest government data as reported by bdnews24.
Dhaka registered the most daily deaths and new cases among the eight divisions, logging 13 fatalities and 393 infections, the news portal reported.
- Bangladesh registers six COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours
- Step up, urges WHO as figures reveal 1 in 4 adults don’t exercise enough
- COVID-19 caused rise in TB deaths for first time in a decade, gains ‘reversed’
- COVID-19 deaths at lowest level in nearly a year, WHO reports
- UN honours Henrietta Lacks, whose cells transformed medical research worldwide