Islamabad: Pakistan claimed 46 new deaths due to COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, media reports said on Saturday.
The death toll due to the disease now stands at 27,831.
The country recorded 1,664 fresh coronavirus cases after 51,796 tests were taken over a period of 24 hours, making it the seventh consecutive day the country has reported a daily case count of less than 2,000, reports Geo News.
The positivity rate, meanwhile, stands at 3.21%. Since September 25, Pakistan has reported a positivity rate below 4% on six out of seven days, the Pakistani news channel reported.
In the past 24 hours, 2,847 people recovered from COVID-19.
- US, Australia ban entry to travellers from South Africa amid Covid-19 variant 'Omicron' scare
- WHO classifies new COVID strain as 'variant of concern', names it 'Omicron'
- Belgium detects Europe's first case of new COVID variant
- COVID-19: European infection spike confirmed, vaccine advice for kids
- WHO updates guidelines on COVID-related organ inflammation in children