Islamabad: Pakistan claimed 46 new deaths due to COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, media reports said on Saturday.
The death toll due to the disease now stands at 27,831.
The country recorded 1,664 fresh coronavirus cases after 51,796 tests were taken over a period of 24 hours, making it the seventh consecutive day the country has reported a daily case count of less than 2,000, reports Geo News.
The positivity rate, meanwhile, stands at 3.21%. Since September 25, Pakistan has reported a positivity rate below 4% on six out of seven days, the Pakistani news channel reported.
In the past 24 hours, 2,847 people recovered from COVID-19.
- China reports no new infectious diseases
- Climate change risks upending global fight against malaria: WHO
- Harvard Medical School scientists find the reason behind people unable to stop itching
- China experiencing spike in children suffering from respiratory illnesses
- Red wine headche: Scientists explain possible cause