Beijing/UNI/Xinhua: The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 30 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Friday.
Of the new local cases, 15 were reported in Fujian and the other half were reported in Heilongjiang.
Also reported were 24 new imported cases, with 13 in Yunnan, nine in Shanghai, and one each in Fujian and Guangdong, the commission said.
One new suspected case arriving from outside the mainland was reported in Shanghai on Thursday, it said, adding that no new deaths related to COVID-19 were reported.
A total of 8,907 imported cases had been reported on the mainland by the end of Thursday. Among them, 8,395 had been discharged from hospitals following recovery, and 512 remained hospitalized. No deaths had been reported among the imported cases.
The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases on the mainland reached 95,948 by Thursday, including 1,009 patients still receiving treatment, 16 of whom were in severe conditions.
- More countries eliminate neglected tropical diseases but investments key to sustain progress
- Mali: WHO doctor seized by ‘unidentified assailants’, as UNHCR raises alarm over continuing violence
- North Korea imposes five-day lockdown in Pyongyang to battle rising cases of 'respiratory illness'
- China says 80% of its population have had Covid-19: Reports
- WHO calls for action to totally eliminate trans fat, ‘a toxic chemical that kills’