Dhaka: Bangladesh recorded 51 fresh deaths due to COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, media reports said on Sunday.
The death toll due to the virus now stands at 26,931.
The COVID-19 caseload rose to 1,530,413 as 1,871 people tested positive for the disease in the 24 hours to 8 am on Sunday, according to the latest government data, reports bdnews24.
Dhaka registered the most daily deaths and new cases among the eight divisions, logging 19 fatalities and 1,258 infections. Chattogram tallied 14 deaths and 244 cases, the news portal reported.
However, 3,586 people recovered from the disease in the past 24 hours.
- Bangladesh registers six COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours
- Step up, urges WHO as figures reveal 1 in 4 adults don’t exercise enough
- COVID-19 caused rise in TB deaths for first time in a decade, gains ‘reversed’
- COVID-19 deaths at lowest level in nearly a year, WHO reports
- UN honours Henrietta Lacks, whose cells transformed medical research worldwide