Islamabad/UNI: Pakistan has entered into an agreement with Pfizer Pakistan under which the company would supply 13 million doses of the American vaccine to the country.
The agreement to this effect was signed on Monday.
"We are deeply honoured to work with the Pakistani government and to marshal our scientific and manufacturing resources toward our shared goal of bringing a Covid-19 vaccine to the people of Pakistan as quickly as possible,'' Pfizer Pakistan Country Manager Syed Mohammad Wajeehuddin was quoted as saying by Dawn.
''In the face of this global health crisis, Pfizer's purpose — breakthroughs that change patients' lives — has taken on an even greater urgency. Our hope is that our vaccine will help make this happen,'' he added.
Pfizer and BioNTech aim to manufacture more than three billion doses of the vaccine globally by the end of this year.
- Smokers who switch to e-cigarettes may adopt other healthy routines: Study
- Total Covid-19 incidence rate in North Korea spikes to 1.2 mln
- WHO ready to support DPR Korea battle COVID-19 infections
- North Korea registers six deaths due to COVID-19
- China: Shanghai reports 322 confirmed, 3,625 asymptomatic local Covid-19 cases