Locals are rushing to get their COVID-19 vaccine jabs as two provinces reported the country’s first cases of community transmission in over three weeks, media reports said on Monday.
Yingkou, a port city in northeast China’s Liaoning province, reported five confirmed and eight asymptomatic cases as of Saturday, South China Morning Post reported.
The cities of Luan and Hefei, in the eastern province of Anhui, reported seven confirmed cases, and seven cases of asymptomatic infection as of Sunday afternoon, the report said.
The virus is believed to have originated from China.
It is creating devastation across the globe.
- Bangladesh registers six COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours
- Step up, urges WHO as figures reveal 1 in 4 adults don’t exercise enough
- COVID-19 caused rise in TB deaths for first time in a decade, gains ‘reversed’
- COVID-19 deaths at lowest level in nearly a year, WHO reports
- UN honours Henrietta Lacks, whose cells transformed medical research worldwide