Petropavlovsk Kamchatsky, Russia/Sputnik: Russian COVID-19 vaccines have not had any serious registered side effects so far, Russian President Vladimir Putin said.
Russia has registered three vaccines: Sputnik V, EpiVacCorona, and CoviVac.
"I know for a fact that people with serious chronic medical conditions are getting the vaccines and feeling well. At any rate, I am not aware of any serious side effect from any of the three vaccines that we have registered," Putin told Rossiya 1 broadcaster.
All three vaccines are "effective, reliable and safe," the president added.
"They are all roughly the same in terms of quality. One gives a slightly longer [immunity], another one gives a bit less protection, although still more or less the same, but it is a little gentler," Putin said.
- Monkeypox cases spike to 20 in Britain
- Sweden classifies monkeypox as disease dangerous to society
- Pollution responsible for nine million deaths in 2019, with little progress in four years: Study
- Israel cancels Covid-19 tests for inbound travelers
- Smokers who switch to e-cigarettes may adopt other healthy routines: Study