Image credit: Unsplash
Moscow/Sputnik: The coronavirus death toll in Brazil increased by 595 in the past day to top 225,000, the country's Ministry of Health said in a statement.
The number of deaths associated with COVID-19 has reached 225,099, the ministry said.
Over the past 24 hours, Brazilian has registered 24,591 new cases of infection.
In total, since the beginning of the epidemic, Brazil has recorded 9,229,322 cases of coronavirus infection, with over 8 million recoveries.
- WHO study says over 400 million people need hearing aids globally
- One in eight people on Earth is living with obesity, warns WHO
- New York's Albert Einstein College of Medicine is now tuition-free after receiving a USD 1 billion donor gift
- Bubonic plague case detected in US
- WHO says five nations awarded for their efforts towards eliminating mass-produced trans fats in food