Moscow/Sputnik: There is still no treatment against the coronavirus infection for newborns, according to recommendations for pregnant women released by the Russian Health Ministry.
"Currently, there are no pharmacological substances with proven specific antiviral activity against COVID-19. All specific drugs proposed for therapy in adults and older children have significant side effects in the neonatal period and are thus not used [on infants]," the ministry guidelines say.
- Mental health alert for 332 million children linked to COVID-19 lockdown policies: UNICEF
- Equitable vaccine delivery plan needs more support to succeed: COVAX partners
- COVID-19 cases rise for first time in seven weeks: WHO
- One in 4 people projected to have hearing problems by 2050: WHO
- COVID-19 affected 1 in 30 Russians during first year of pandemic