Dhaka: Bangladesh recorded 23 COVID-19 related deaths in the past 24 hours, media reports said.
The total death toll due to the disease now stands at 7,906.
During the same period of 24 hours, 569 new cases of the coronavirus were reported. The total number of cases now stands at 527,632.
Another 681 patients recovered from the illness through treatment at home and in hospital care, bringing the total to 472,437, reports bdnews24.
- Mali: WHO doctor seized by ‘unidentified assailants’, as UNHCR raises alarm over continuing violence
- North Korea imposes five-day lockdown in Pyongyang to battle rising cases of 'respiratory illness'
- China says 80% of its population have had Covid-19: Reports
- WHO calls for action to totally eliminate trans fat, ‘a toxic chemical that kills’
- $2.54 billion needed to tackle unprecedented health needs in 2023: WHO