Moscow/Sputnik: - Russia has registered 9,859 COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours, up from 9,412 yesterday, taking the cumulative case total to 1,204,502, the coronavirus response center said on Saturday.
"In the past 24 hours, Russia has confirmed 9,859 COVID-19 cases in 85 regions, of which 2,680 (27.2 percent) were detected actively, with people showing no clinical symptoms," the response center said in a statement.
The largest increase was identified in Moscow, where 2,884 new positive tests were registered (up from 2,704 yesterday). A total of 358 new cases were recorded in St. Petersburg (up from 302 yesterday) and 259 cases were confirmed in the Moscow region (up from 244 yesterday).
The response center reported 174 new coronavirus-related fatalities, 186 yesterday, raising Russia's total death toll to 21,251.
As many as 5,563 coronavirus patients were confirmed to have recovered over the last day, 6,054 yesterday, bringing the total number of discharges to 975,859.
- Mali: WHO doctor seized by ‘unidentified assailants’, as UNHCR raises alarm over continuing violence
- North Korea imposes five-day lockdown in Pyongyang to battle rising cases of 'respiratory illness'
- China says 80% of its population have had Covid-19: Reports
- WHO calls for action to totally eliminate trans fat, ‘a toxic chemical that kills’
- $2.54 billion needed to tackle unprecedented health needs in 2023: WHO