Canberra/UNI/Sputnik: Australia is awaiting a response from China on the recent incident involving a Chinese vessel pointing a military grade laser at an Australian surveillance aircraft, Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison said on Monday.
According to the Australian Department of Defence, the incident occurred last Thursday off Northern Australia when one of two Chinese warships sailing in the area allegedly illuminated a P-8A Poseidon aircraft belonging to the Australian air force.
The department decried the incident as "unprofessional and unsafe military conduct."
The incident occurred in the Australian exclusive economic zone, the minister stressed, branding it as "an act of intimidation and bullying."
- US Representative leads bill to support Taiwan’s participation in IMF
- General Assembly adopts resolution on Russian reparations for Ukraine
- Germany decides to reevaluate relationship with China, Beijing irked
- China sends message to Taiwan by reshuffling top military in Eastern Theatre Command
- Pakistan one of the most dangerous nations in the world: US President Joe Biden