Canberra/UNI/Sputnik: Australia is awaiting a response from China on the recent incident involving a Chinese vessel pointing a military grade laser at an Australian surveillance aircraft, Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison said on Monday.
According to the Australian Department of Defence, the incident occurred last Thursday off Northern Australia when one of two Chinese warships sailing in the area allegedly illuminated a P-8A Poseidon aircraft belonging to the Australian air force.
The department decried the incident as "unprofessional and unsafe military conduct."
The incident occurred in the Australian exclusive economic zone, the minister stressed, branding it as "an act of intimidation and bullying."
- Sri Lanka: 6.2 magnitude earthquake hits Island Nation, no casualty
- UN chief hails SE Asia for vital role ‘building bridges of understanding’
- India-Uzbekistan Synergy at the SCO
- Kazakhstan to host Astana International Forum in June to address key global challenges
- Japan, Vietnam to work together to tackle China in nearby water: Reports