Wallpaper Cave/Wikipedia Commons
Moscow/Sputnik: UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson and US Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Tuesday discussed the coronavirus vaccines rollout, Afghanistan, Iran and China, the British government said.
They met at the Downing Street. Blinken is currently on a visit to London for the G7 ministerial.
"The Prime Minister and Secretary Blinken agreed that the global roll out of vaccines will be key to defeating the coronavirus pandemic. They underlined the importance of G7 work in this area, including efforts to increase international manufacturing capability. They also discussed a number of foreign policy issues including Afghanistan, Iran, and China," the government said in a statement.
The two also discussed bilateral cooperation in climate, trade and defense.
- Russia may bomb UK warships next time they trespass – Envoy
- Sixty percent of US citizens believe that coronavirus was created in Wuhan laboratory: Poll
- US intelligence estimates Afghan govt might fall just 6 months after withdrawal of troops: Reports
- Tigray crisis: Heavy casualties reported in air raids by Ethiopian air force
- Britain's HMS Defender sailing near Crimea warned by Russia