Moscow/Sputnik: There are no US servicemen at the Balad Air Base in Iraq that came under a rocket attack on Sunday, Spokesman for Operation Inherent Resolve (OIR), Col. Wayne Marotto, said.
"It is being reported that Balad Air Base was attacked with rockets tonight. There are no Coalition/US Forces stationed at Balad AB," Marotto wrote on Twitter.
Earlier, Alsumaria TV reported that the Balad base, located north of Baghdad, came under a rocket attack on Sunday night.
A security source told the news channel that the air base was hit by four Katyusha rockets.
The Iraqi News Agency (INA) said that several rockets fell inside the base, injuring at least two people.
- Safer roads, a global development challenge for all: Senior UN official
- Ukraine enroute to EU candidacy status, lengthy process before complete integration
- Ukraine: UN and partners deliver lifesaving aid to Donetska region
- Chinese President Xi Jinping announces plans to allow country's military to undertake 'special military operations' abroad
- Mali: UN condemns second ‘cowardly’ attack in three days against peacekeepers