Ashraf Ghani Instagram page
Kabul: Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani has warned the Taliban group against keeping ties with Pakistan.
“One of the basic needs for peace in Afghanistan is that the Taliban should cut their ties with Pakistan. If they call themselves Afghans and want to be in Afghanistan; they should not have dual citizenship,” Ashraf Ghani was quoted by Ariana News as reported by Khaama Press.
He even asked Pakistan to play a positive role in the peace process.
“I urged PM of Pakistan to tell Taliban that there is no solution without a political settlement,” said Ghani.
Ghani even added that he will transfer the power to Taliban if they are elected by the people in the elections.
Ghani added, “We hope for peace, but we are ready for every danger."
- Russia asks US to stop playing with fire following White House sanctions
- China's ‘gray zone’ warfare against Taiwan touching high point: Expert
- Former French leader Nicolas Sarkozy says does not plan to run for President in 2022
- Russia responsible for Navalny poisoning, rights experts say
- Yemen: UN ceasefire monitoring mission condemns attack on civilians in Hudaydah