Moscow/Sputnik: The first positive effects of strict lockdown measures are starting to manifest in the United Kingdom, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Wednesday.
"We are now seeing the beginnings of some signs that that [the national lockdown] is starting to have an effect in many parts of the country, but by no means everywhere, and it is early days … and people must keep their discipline," Johnson told the parliament.
- US puts Chinese firms helping military on trade blacklist, China criticizes decision
- Beijing irked as US invites Taiwan to democracy summit
- Chinese social media platform bans users from flaunting 'wealthy lifestyle'
- UN will use technology and medical capacity to improve peacekeeping
- Arms trafficking, a ‘defining factor’ in undermining peace