Thimphu: Bhutan has rejected Chinese state media report which claimed that Beijing has set up a village inside Bhutanese territory, media reports said.
“There is no Chinese village inside Bhutan,” Major General Vetsop Namgyel, Bhutanese Ambassador to India, told ANI.
This comes after Shen Shiwei, CGTN News producer, had tweeted, “Now, we have permanent residents living in the newly established Pangda village. It’s along the valley where 35 km south to Yadong county.”
However, the tweet was later deleted.
The Pangda village lies 2 km within Bhutanese territory, reports ANI.
- Employee claims UN passed dissidents’ info to China
- Taliban group should sever ties with Pakistan: Ashraf Ghani
- Experts believe the growing nexus between Turkey and Pakistan is a terror threat for Greece-India
- Nepal Politics: PM KP Sharma Oli removed from ruling Communist Party
- US Defense Secretary discusses need to maintain peace in Indo-Pacific region with Japan's defence minister