London (Xinhua/UNI) Major power failures are hitting large areas of the United Kingdom on Friday, affecting trains, airports and traffic lights, national media reported.
UK Power Networks said large parts of London and the South East are without electricity.
"We believe this is due to a failure on National Grid's network, which is affecting our customers," it was quoted as saying by BBC.
The power failures are also affecting traffic lights in the British capital, according to Transport for London.
- ‘This terrible situation cannot be allowed to continue’, UN chief tells world leaders at major Libya summit
- North Korea appoints Korean Unification Talks Chief as new Foreign Minister – Reports
- Prime Minister Medvedev announces resignation of Russian Cabinet
- S Korea FM, US State Secretary Discuss N Korea, Middle East
- Global Goals top General Assembly President’s priority list