Toronto: Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has announced that he will run for re-election in the upcoming general polls in the nation.
The Liberal Party has nominated the leader from Papineau area of the country.
Trudeau has been representing the place since 2008.
He was re-elected in 2011 and 2015.
We’ve accomplished a lot since 2015, but there’s still more work to do, together. So today, I’m excited to accept the nomination as the 2019 @liberal_party candidate for Papineau. pic.twitter.com/jNZ5zjWtwj— Justin Trudeau (@JustinTrudeau) August 20, 2018
Accepting his nomination, Trudeau posted on Facebook: "We’ve accomplished a lot since 2015, but there’s still more work to do, together. So today, I’m excited to accept the nomination as the 2019 Liberal Party of Canada | Parti libéral du Canada candidate for Papineau."
Image: Justin Trudeau Facebook page
- Russia to quit International Space Station post 2024
- China planning to build military base in Indian Ocean region in Madagascar
- Vladimir Putin makes first international trip post Ukraine-Russia war
- Chinese aggression in South China Sea: Japan, Australia increasing military budgets
- Safer roads, a global development challenge for all: Senior UN official