2013 Scientific Forum - Presentations - Closing Session
IAEA 27 Nov 2013, 02:57 pm Print
In this final session of the Scientific Forum, IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano said despite the possibility of a bleak future for mankind if the stress place on the ocean continues, there is room for optimism because we understand the issue, and there are many countries and organisations around the world which are collaborating to find and implement workable solutions. In order to implement these solutions globally, governments need to take the issue seriously and place ocean stress factors, like ocean acidification, high on their policy agendas, the Director General said.
- Pakistan, United Kindom & other topics - Daily Press Briefing
- UN lowered its flag to honor the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- Queen Elizabeth II has died: UK’s longest reigning monarch & world’s longest serving head of state
- New Trades Bring Hope and Resilience Among Victims of Sexual Abuse | United Nations
- "No country deserves this fate: UN Chief on his first day in Pakistan