2013 Scientific Forum - Presentations - Closing Session
IAEA 27 Nov 2013 Print
In this final session of the Scientific Forum, IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano said despite the possibility of a bleak future for mankind if the stress place on the ocean continues, there is room for optimism because we understand the issue, and there are many countries and organisations around the world which are collaborating to find and implement workable solutions. In order to implement these solutions globally, governments need to take the issue seriously and place ocean stress factors, like ocean acidification, high on their policy agendas, the Director General said.
- Sichuan Issues Red Alert After Another Round of Torrential Rain
- UK Lawmakers Urge Sanctions on HK Officials Due to Excessive Police Force
- Former Uyghur Model Reveals Horrific Conditions in Detention Center
- Terrifying Lightning Video From Northeastern China Shocks Netizens
- Protest in Front of LA Chinese Consulate by Pro-Democracy Activists