Image Cr: Wikipedia
London/UNI: Moscow-born doubles player Natela Dzalamidze switched her nationality to Georgian to avoid the ban on Russian and Belarusian players in the wake of Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
Ranked 44 in the world in doubles, Natela will be able to compete at SW19 alongside partner Aleksandra Krunic of Serbia when Wimbledon kick starts on June 27.
The biggest tennis stars, including men's world number one Daniil Medvedev and women's world number six Aryna Sabalenka, will not be competing at SW19.
The doubles specialist has represented her country of birth since debuting on the WTA Tour in 2015.
Following the Championships’ controversial decision, the ATP and WTA Tours elected to strip the event of ranking points.\
- Spiderman star Tom Holland takes brief break from social media citing mental health reasons
- Singer and Grease star Olivia Newton-John dies at 73
- Britney Spears collaborates with Elton John for new song titled 'Hold Me Closer'
- Khloe Kardashian,Tristan Thompson welcome second child via surrogacy
- Kim Kardashian is single again after ending relationship with Pete Davidson