Image: John Travolta Instagram page
Los Angeles: Australian singer-actress Olivia Newton-John, who had inspired a generation of movie lovers with her acting skills in blockbuster movie "Grease", died on Monday, media reports said.
Her husband confirmed the development on Instagram by posting a statement on the singer's official Instagram page: "Dame Olivia Newton-John (73) passed away peacefully at her Ranch in Southern California this morning, surrounded by family and friends. We ask that everyone please respect the family’s privacy during this very difficult time."
" Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer. Her healing inspiration and pioneering experience with plant medicine continues with the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund, dedicated to researching plant medicine and cancer. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that any donations be made in her memory to the @onjfoundation," he said.
Olivia is survived by her husband John Easterling and daughter Chloe Lattanzi.
Her Grease co-star John Travolta also paid tributes to the actress and wrote on Instagram: "My dearest Olivia, you made all of our lives so much better. Your impact was incredible. I love you so much. We will see you down the road and we will all be together again. Yours from the first moment I saw you and forever! Your Danny, your John!"
In September 2018, the singer had revealed that she was treating cancer at the base of her spine.
It was her third cancer diagnosis, following bouts with breast cancer in the early '90s and in 2017, reports CNN.
- Annual Illuminate San Francisco Festival begins on Nov 9 to celebrate the city's vibrant art scene
- Spiderman star Tom Holland takes brief break from social media citing mental health reasons
- Britney Spears collaborates with Elton John for new song titled 'Hold Me Closer'
- Khloe Kardashian,Tristan Thompson welcome second child via surrogacy
- Kim Kardashian is single again after ending relationship with Pete Davidson