Kabul: The Taliban authorities of Afghanistan recently flogged in public nine people who were allegedly accused of committing “adultery and theft” in Kandahar.
New York: Top independent human rights experts expressed alarm on Monday at a rise in abductions of girls as young as 13 in Pakistan, who are forced to marry and convert to Islam.
Kabul: Afghanistan's Taliban government has said a former woman member of the country's Parliament and one of her security guards have been killed in Kabul city, media reports sai ...
Balkh: Several women, who run shops at a market in Balkh region of Afghanistan, have been directed by the Taliban's vice and virtue department to close their shops by next Thursday, m ...
New York: The decision by Zambia to abolish the death penalty is “a historic milestone’, the UN team in the country said on Friday in a statement.
New York: Flexible working hours can advance economies and businesses while helping employees and families achieve a better work-life balance, according to a new report launched by the In ...
New York: An additional nine million people risk being pushed into poverty on top of the 33 million affected by last summer’s devastating floods in Pakistan, the UN development agen ...
New York: Arbitrary detention must end “once and for all”, UN human rights chief Volker Türk said on Tuesday in an appeal to governments everywhere.
The New Year holiday period witnessed a fresh surge of deadly attacks by Russian forces in Ukraine, Deputy Spokesperson Farhan Haq told journalists on Tuesday.
- IOM steps up support as Rohingya refugee numbers rise in Southeast Asia
- Eight trends that will impact children in 2023
- Afghanistan: Humanitarians await guidelines on women’s role in aid operations
- Two years on from Myanmar military coup, UN chief stresses international unity, as arrests, airstrikes continue
- Israel-Palestine: UNICEF warns children are paying ‘the highest price’ as violence escalates