Jhang: A girl was burnt alive in Pakistan's Jhang region in the name of 'honour'.
According to local media reports, the girl later succumbed to her injuries in a medical facility where she was admitted for treatment.
Police have arrested all members of the family.
On the information of the brutal incident, the District Police Officer (DPO) Tariq Mehboob reached Basti Dabwala, Garh Maharaja and arrested the accused father, two brothers and other family members involved in the heinous crime, reports The News International.
According to police, young girl Masooma Bibi was burnt to death by her father Rajab Ali, brothers Jaber, Aamir and sisters Kausar, Sameera and Aasia, the newspaper reported.
The victim recorded the statement and said she wanted to marry the person of her choice and left her residence.
Her vengeful father, brothers and sisters spread petrol and burnt her, the girl said in her last statement as quoted by The News International.
- We’re better off thanks to migrants, says new IOM chief
- Arbitrary detention still widespread in Mexico, rights expert warns
- Rahile Dawut: US condemns China for handing down life sentence to Uyghur academic
- Bangladesh: Protests held across Dhaka, Narayanganj over Chinese atrocities against Uyghurs
- Justin Trudeau invokes Elon Musk's wrath as Canada threatens to toss free speech out the window