Geneva/UNI/Sputnik: More than 500,000 people have left Ukraine and arrived in neighboring countries since the start of the Russian military operation, UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi said on Monday.
"More than 500,000 refugees have now fled from Ukraine into neighbouring countries," he tweeted.
The United Nations Human Rights Council said on Monday it will hold emergency debates on the situation in Ukraine in Geneva on March 3.
Earlier in the day, the UN agency decided to hold the debates in a 29-5 vote. And 13 states abstained.
- Chinese authority detain Tibetan writer for contacting people in exile: Report
- More than 200 strikes against pension reform to take place in France next week: Reports
- Systemic racism within UK criminal justice system a serious concern: UN human rights experts
- Myanmar mired ever deeper in crisis as human rights spiral backwards, warns Türk
- Two-thirds of Yemenis need humanitarian support and protection