Geneva/UNI/Sputnik: More than 500,000 people have left Ukraine and arrived in neighboring countries since the start of the Russian military operation, UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi said on Monday.
"More than 500,000 refugees have now fled from Ukraine into neighbouring countries," he tweeted.
The United Nations Human Rights Council said on Monday it will hold emergency debates on the situation in Ukraine in Geneva on March 3.
Earlier in the day, the UN agency decided to hold the debates in a 29-5 vote. And 13 states abstained.
- Israel-Hamas conflict: Gaza doctors 'terrified of deadly disease outbreak amid aid teams race to deliver
- Israel-Hamas crisis: 11 more hostages released
- Israel-Hamas crisis: Temporary truce extended by two days, 11 more hostages released
- Gaza: Vital aid reaches shattered north as Israel-Hamas ceasefire enters fourth day
- Israel-Hamas discuss possibility of increasing temporary ceasefire as four-day truce enters final day